• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bacteriostat

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Big_Baller

If any of you guy have an evap setup this stuff rocks. I finnay went out a bought some after I changed my rages and they started smelling again (just lazy). The stuff costs about 3.99 for a large bottle that will last a life time.

Right when I put it in I immeditly saw the water in my tubes begin to turn back to clearish white from their old green tint. I havn't had a problem since. It kills alge and bacteria and all that other junk. ....Now my cat better stop drinking out of my bucket or he might fall over :D

Good to hear that. Does it smell funny? Any known health issues? ('cuz if you're evaporating it with the water, you'll likely be breathing it soon. )

I had thought about using baquacil in my next evaporative cooler, but I'm still open to suggestions.

Well there are two kinds. A one that is for open air dehumdifiers and then closed applications. So the one I got, a liquid, is made for open air. I noticed a slight smell but I can't smell it anymore. I think it was just the dead alge because I didn't put it in right away. So its basicly safe for being in an open container. Just don't drink any. It made some bubbles but they too went away soon.

Back