• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

chieftec dragon owners...H2O Q'

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fuzion

How many of you guys with front mounted rads in a dragon case have cut out the metal in front? I have cut out the 80MM fan grills, but at least 1/2 of the rad is still behind the metal. if anyone has done this, did you notice a temp drop? Will it weaken the case? TIA!!

what most people do is put a 120mm fan in the front of the rad as well, on a shroud. That way all you have to do is cut a hole to accomodate a 120mm fan, rather than one the size of the rad.

J.

I didn't even cut out the 80mm grills. I just stuck my rad in there close to the front of the case. I am sure cutting that area out would be beneficial to my cooling. Maybe I will do that someday, but I will more likely build an external box.

I doubt that cutting out a hole for the rad would ruin the integrity of the case.

SOShootME said:
I didn't even cut out the 80mm grills. I just stuck my rad in there close to the front of the case. I am sure cutting that area out would be beneficial to my cooling. Maybe I will do that someday, but I will more likely build an external box.

I doubt that cutting out a hole for the rad would ruin the integrity of the case.

I doubt that too becuase I think the integrity is mainly depended on the four corners of the case not middle

Thanks guys, I was wanting to put a 120MM on the front for a push/pull system, but I was a little worried about the fitment with the front cover. I think I'm gonna dremel out the remaining area tonight and give it try. It won't hurt anything if it doesn't work.

Back