• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NEW 1.8 (offical) BIOS FOR IC7 IS OUT !

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stereo555

Overclocking is music to my soul
NEW 1.8 (official) BIOS FOR IC7 IS OUT !

IC7 1.8 bios (OFFICIAL , not beta) is out today ... LINKY

Ive been using the 1.8 BETA for quite awhile with NO problems , so I would imagine the same would apply for the OFFICIAL 1.8 release.

*EDIT*
geez.... just noticed my BAD spelling :rolleyes: ( or its another showing of my terrible typing skills )
*fixed error(s)*:D

Last edited:
Cool. I'm still using the 1.7 version (I downloaded the beta, but never got around to flashing it). Think I'll take the new 1.8 version for a spin tonight and see how it runs.

http://fae.abit.com.tw/eng/download/bios/ic7.php

BIOS ID: 1.8
Released Date: 10/30/2003

1) Fixed the problem that the hard disk on IDE-1 may not be detected by when "OnChip SATA" is set to RAID.
2) Fixed the problem that CAS latency can not be set manually when the CPU:DRAM is set to PSB800/5:4 or PSB800/3:2.
3) Remove some string in "PnP/PCI Configuration".
4) Fixed the problem that system will reboot instead of shutdown when the"Wake Up by Alarm" is enabled.
5) Fixed the problem that there will be some wording error when set "Time Alarm".
6) Fixed the problem that the system will shutdown if the fan speed is too low and the "Shutdown When CPU FAN Fail" is enabled.
7) Enhance USB card reader compatibility.
8) Add Pentium 4 Extreme Edition support.
9) Fixed HDD size detected as 136GB when 200/250/300 GB SATA drives are connected to SATA1 or SATA2 (ICH5 SATA channels)
10) Show the correct subsystem device ID of the USB 2.0 and IEEE 1394 controller. (IC7 only)
11) Fixed the problem that certain CD/DVD-ROM could not be correctly detected when there is a HDD drive attached on the same IDE cable.
12) BIOS compile date: 10/30/2003

batboy said:
Cool. I'm still using the 1.7 version (I downloaded the beta, but never got around to flashing it). Think I'll take the new 1.8 version for a spin tonight and see how it runs.

http://fae.abit.com.tw/eng/download/bios/ic7.php

B... Shoot me a PM after you give it a test run...if it's good, I'll probably go right to this version instead of anything incremental in between what's on the board coming and the 1.7

TIA. ;)

B.

the 1.8 beta was garbage for me

im testing out the official release right now
ill play guinea pig along wiht some otehrs :)

OMG THIS IS GARBAGE

after about 2 hours on this crap, i flashed back to 1.17

1.18 gave me massive stability issues, my motherboard kept beeping, and it kept crashing

now it is fine wiht 1.17

I installed the 1.8 BIOS last night and have not had any problems at all with it. I really wasn't having any problems with the beta BIOS, but decided to go ahead and flash the "official" version.

I just flashed to the new 1.8 BIOS tonight and it's doing ok. So far I haven't noticed much difference in the 1.7 vs. 1.8, perhaps a tad more stable at max speed and I did get a tiny bit more memory bandwidth points in Sandra. I'll test it some more tomorrow.

Back