• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I give up overclocking this thing.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jbbumper

Registered
Look at my sig. I have tried to get this rig to OC but it won't even run stable at 10% over. Yea I know go to manual setings but everything I tried, I either have to reflash the bios or I get windows errors which cause me to reinstall. It runs great at stock. Nice and cool. Anyone have a suggestion? I have OC'ed alot of different setups, but this one is giving me fits.:mad:

Wow I can't believe you cannot go higher than 2.6C

*here's a bump so that the sr. members will help you out

Which bios? you have(or not) tried manual settings? Here's where I'm at, hope the info is useful.

p4p800 dx, bios 1010, fsb 287, mam/turbo enabled, vcore auto, vdimm 2.85, agp 1.7v, pci locked @ 33/66, mushkin lvl 2 pc3200 @ 3:4, 2-2-2-5. If you need more let me know I'll check if needed.

my settings using P4C800 deluxe + Corsair XMS PC3200 + 2.4c @2880mhz

Advanced menu
JumperFree Configuration
ai overclock tuner : manual
performance mode : standard
cpu external frequency : 240
dram frequency : 320
agp/pci frequency : 66.66/33.33
cpu vcore voltage : 1.6
ddr reference voltage : 2.75
agp vddq voltage : 1.6

Chipset
configure dram timing by spd : disabled
dram cas# latency : 2
dram ras# precharge : 3
dram ras# to cas# delay : 2
dram precharge delay : 5

We need more info in order to help you out.

What are your temperatures like? What RAM timings and speed did you use? Did you try increasing core voltage yet, if so, how much? VDIMM? AGP/PCI lock? etcetera...

Thanks for the replies. Heres a few settings I tried
2.4c @ 2.65 Bios is 1011
ai overclock tuner : manual
performance mode : standard
cpu external frequency : 220
dram frequency : 400
agp/pci frequency : 66.66/33.33
cpu vcore voltage : 1.75
ddr reference voltage : 2.75
agp vddq voltage : 1.5

Chipset
configure dram timing by spd : enabled
cpuid shows timings 2.5-4-4-8
Temps got to cpu 45 mb 30. (Normal is 33/29}
Prime95 failed after 2nd test

Ran the same stats at 210 fsb w/vcore @ 1.60 and ran prime for 1 hr and ran ok. I know thats not enough time to stress it completely but I figured it will do for starters.

im at 3.0gig with my 2.4 and im only running 1.55 one step up from stcok on an IC7. Most of the voltage ive seen running the 2.4c are all way lower then yours.

i agree 1.7 is TOOOO much

The settings are not fully clear... 220Mhz FSB but 200Mhz DDR? I guess that means that you have the ram at 1:1 to the FSB speed. I suggest lowering that and also, if possible, manually setting even more relaxed timings. That 2.5 may just be too much, who knows.
If that doesn't work, on <1.7v VCore and <50C temp readouts, there isn't much left to try anymore.

Yea the 1.7 voltage does concern me. I'll tinker with it a little more and see if it will do any better. I'll keep ya posted if I get more out of it. Thanks again

Burning Phoenix said:

Chipset
configure dram timing by spd : disabled
dram cas# latency : 2
dram ras# precharge : 3
dram ras# to cas# delay : 2
dram precharge delay : 5
What did you put in the last line, DRAM BURST LENGTH?
Ritalin

Back