• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IC7 and 2.6C Combo Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

oc jason

Ok I have the Abit IC7, and today received my 2.6C chip and have got it all up and running. My memory is 2x512 Kingston HyperX pc3500 cl2.

Now my mobo has the stock/default BIOS whatever version that may be. Im sure that I can get alot more performance with a newer set of BIOS... so taht being said, what version of BIOS is rendering the best results?

Also any recommendations on mobo settings would be appreciated. Right now im at 235FSB like 3010mhz. CPU set to 800 and 5:4 ration with the default 1/7 divider.

Mem is at SPD 2-6-3-3. I have heard of a GAT setting or someting that goes to like fast / faster / turbo / ultra or something like that?? If so I cant seem to find it in the BIOS, maybe its enabled by a newer BIOS version?

Also any idea if any of the bios fixes the mobo reading bout 9-11c higher than it is supposed to?

TYIA

oc jason

I'll keep this short ... I would definitly upgrade your bios ASAP if the version is 1.3 or lower (stability has improved alot since the original) .There have been quite a few added goodies since 1.3 . Most peeps seem to like 1.6 or 1.7 , and as of today ver 1.8 is available .
Ive really had no problems since 1.3 on up , including betas . Just installed 1.8 today from the beta 1.8 , of which I seem to have no problems with either one ( so far *knock on wood*).

On aside note , the GAT does not seem to work well for me in anything above AUTO (and never has). Alot of peeps suggest disabling the LAST two settings of GAT for higher OC's or stability problems (I have tried this and obtained a higher OC myself) .

My .02

Last edited:
Personally I prefer to lock the AGP/PCI bus speed rather than using the dividers, that way I don't have to worry with it when changing overclock speeds. I don't think there is a fix for the CPU temp, just get use to it and it shouldn't really be a problem. I have found the same thing as Stereo555 regarding the GAT settings, which is that I get higher memory overclocks with the bottom 1 or 2 GAT settings set to Disabled.

I would say simply keep increasing the FSB speed and find the limit for your CPU.

Up until now, the 1.7 BIOS worked the best for me. I just flashed to the new 1.8 BIOS tonight and it's doing ok. So far I haven't noticed any difference in the 1.7 vs. 1.8 as far as overclocking goes, but it does fix more minor bugs, so I would recomment the latest 1.8 BIOS. The GAT is not found on the original BIOS.

Regarding the temperature. Abit has stated in one of their FAQs that they dont actualy meassure the temperature but rather calculate it with a formula based on several factors wich is why abit boards in general read higher temperatures then others. Its a hard link to find but If you really want i can look it up for ya.

Back