• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What block for integrated GPU?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mamisano

Looking to water-cool my HTPC so I don't have to hear all the fans. Looking to get a Maze-3 or similar, but I am not sure what to use for the chipset. The board is Nvidia IGP based, will it accept a "standard" chipset block? What do you recommend?

Trying to keep the budget down so nothing too expensive or my Wife will kill me ;)

Regards,
Michael

I've got a Soltek motherboard with Nforce2 chipset and integrated graphics. A zahlman passive with some airflow is enough for my northbridge which actually does the integrated graphics.

Based on that, I'd think any chipset block would work well if properly mounted; get one that isn't restrictive. I recall reading that some people had problems with Nforce2 northbridge chips not being flat; use just enough thermal paste for complete coverage of the water block.

I've decided not to WC the NB chip on my system. I have an 80mm fan in the side of the case that blows enough air at the NB and it's pretty quiet.

Back