• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Attaching a lexan top

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pyros

Im currently building a home made waterblock and need some opinions. Im using a copper base with 2 layers of lexan. The first layer is attached to the copper with 2 ton epoxy and worked very well. I have a channel end milled into the bottom layer that will touch the top layer for the purpose of using a o-ring. However Im unable to use a o-ring because of the shape of the groove that I cut.(dumb me :rolleyes: ) I had the idea to just fill the channel and all the surrounding area with epoxy and just attach the pieces of lexan in this way.(applying even pressure across the top of course)

Would this be acceptable or should I screw the pieces together as well as using the epoxy? Problem with screwing them together is I will only have room for screws on two ends of the block(3" sides) because of my endmilled channel on the other sides.(2" sides) Therefore I will only be able to use 2 screws( possibly 4 with 2 on each side) Any opinions would be appreciated. BTW, Im in no way concerned in opening this block back up, only in having a durable water tight bond between the lexan.

Pyros

epoxy should be fine, you'll likely crack your lexan before your break the epoxy if it's any good.

Back