• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Koolance CPU-200Gold

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kianss

koolance-200.jpg
koolance-water-1.jpg

- the CPU-200G cooler consists of a rugged transparent upper shell molded over a gold-coated copper cooling plate for a long-lasting, polished interface. Designed for heat sources up to 200W

- Dimensions : WxHxD 1.9" x 2.4" x 0.6" (8.2cm x 6.3cm x 2.4cm)
Base Materials : Pure Copper, 21k Gold Plated

$$$ - 37$

Right now im on a Ahanix IBT-1 block and it does its job quite good i must say , cools off well and keeps my cpu in the good temp zone [depending on weather , i get from 10*C , to 46*C full load, never have been on normal operation [or testing,stressing,ect] over 48C*]

ATM Temps are
38*C CPU
44*C System
28*C Room [82*F or so]

I was woundering if i could possible expect better temps [more then say 5*c diff] from this block. As my block is Alum only , and this block is 21k gold plated and copper.

i'd most likely do better simply because its a better metal. But i believe the coolance blocks havent done that well compared to other blocks, but as you said your choices are limited.

I would stay away from those, the tittings aren't that great and gold plating a block aint gonna do nothing for it except make it more expensive

Regardless of what you may hear on different forums, Koolance makes pretty worthless water-cooling products. Think of them as an OEM water-cooler company.

If I wanted to simply protect my block from oxidasion, I'd gold-plate it from inside only, with possibly thin layer of 24k gold.

It's not expensive (amount of gold is really low) and working. Using 21k gold is without sense for me. With a bit knowledge about chemistry, you can easily make 24k from 21k (with lose of weight of course).

Seeing such block, I'd rather get other. This one and this company isn't worth consideration for me.

I have used both Koolance and self assembled parts, its a amazing that those that have never used a Koolance before just completely trash that water block as "garbage". Its not as good as some expensive WB but its definitely not what people make it to be. If you are limited as you mentioned, buy it. Its much, much better than any fan combo, and snaps onto CPU very easy. Believe me your temperatures will not be that far off..

Koolance makes a "pretty" looking block, but from everything I've read, you'd be better off buying a Corsair Hydrocool block kit. Good luck.

KK

Back