• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hydor pumps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Eroc

Simple as can be...

I am looking to get a (cheap) yet performing pump. I see Hydor has good prices and seem to work well (as eheim and smaller).

Has anyone had experience with these...I have not seen any threads about the longevity of these pumps.

Any thoughts are appreciated :cool:

I have been running Hydor L20 for about 4-5 month now. It seems to work great, no problems. I run it submerged. Its reallly quiet, and had no problems at all.

After all the bad mouthing of Hydor I have done, Im gonna stick with them. I just tried a ViaAqua 1300, it actully made my system .5c hotter than my Hydor L20. Plus the 1300 is a bit louder too.

I went back to my L20 now and its working fine. If you are using it inline and wont ever need to open the Hydor up, I would think about sealing the impeller housing with Goop. Just to sleep better, lol.

well have try them and recieve one that would leak from the suction, the others were good, so that goest to any water piece you have, test, test, and test for at least 24hrs, it should save you some cash:D

I love my Hydor L30, and even with a Danger Den Maze-4, and the Z-chipset block, the dang thing is so powerful the water in the reservoir is whirlpooling! And with 1/2" tubing it's grrrrrreat! I can't hear a thing.

What's really kooky is I went to hase-change (Prometeia) before water-cooling as I'd thought the temps were negligible over my Vantec 80mm/84CFM fan, and then Vantec Tornado 92mm/119CFM fan (both with Thermalright SLK series). Especially after getting the SP-94 Heatsink.

But now afetr having my Danger Den Maze-4 Powerkit, I' love Danger Den so much i got their Z-NB block as well. Best thisbn about the system, I can run my 2.4C with the IHS removed and no longer have to worryn about standoff height.

Anyway, the Hydor's are supposed to be a s powerful as Enheim for less money!

I love my HydorL30. I'm running 2 WB's and I'm getting great temps. It's very quiet and doesn't seem to produce much heat.

I got a crappy L30. It rattles like there is no tommorow. I am positive is is not air bubbles because I have tried everything to get rid of the noise including disassembling the pump under water and then reassembling it. It still pumps great though.

anyone kno of a site with good prices for both the L20 and the L30? my via 1300 died after i spend a hella long time buildin it into my case and i need a cheap but effective replacement... it need to have 3/8" barb too

RockerII said:
I got a crappy L30. It rattles like there is no tommorow. I am positive is is not air bubbles because I have tried everything to get rid of the noise including disassembling the pump under water and then reassembling it. It still pumps great though.

Impeller mod on it will fix that prob

Twice. I kept getting billed, even though I cancled my order. And it was like a week later. Other than that, they are great.

Edit: ( or the order wasnt available )

Last edited:
ILikeMy240sx said:

Impeller mod on it will fix that prob

It didn't on mine. Still rattles like crazy...even louder than my fans. I had to move on to another pump. :(

Self

Back