• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

do i HAVE to drill or dremel?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jlo56

Like many people my case only has 80mm intake/exhaust fans, and the screw holes can only hold 80mm fans

my question is, do i HAVE to get a 120mm radiator/fan in order to have good watercooling? how bout Swiftech's 80mm dual fan radiator? or Black Ice Micro 1 or 2?

i dont have the necessary tools right now to dremel or drill my case, i want to look for good 80mm radiators....

-or-

how bout i put my radiator/resevoir/pump outside of case? external watercooling? All i need is to drill 2 holes in case for tubing to run thru....can that work? Then i can get a 120mm radiator...

It all depends on how much you need to cool. A 120mm just makes it easier foe CFM over noise, and it allows for a larger Rad. / fan contact area.

Modding back side of case 80->120 may be difficult.
But modding frontal part - not. You can also make a hole in top of case and mount heater core there.

There were many pictures with such rigs, I suggest using "search button" or looking at thread "post your pics.... "or something like that - it's got 5 stars in rating so it should be easy to find.

I can't make out your location but if you can go to sears or home depot type stores, buy a pair of airplane metal snips; they have pointy noses. They're inexpensive and make cutting holes in even a heavy metal case (like Antecs) really easy and neat. I have Wiss brand and they are great.

Back