• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

865PE Neo FIS2R good/bad?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

05virulosity50

I was planning on building a 1000mhz FSB computer this winter and i thought that the msi board would be really good based on the THG review. But, other people on here say they have problems OCing it. Do you owners think i should still get it or is it not worth the money compared to other boards?

Well I say damn good mobo, but the NB need's better cooling and if I can do 3.5 out of a 2.8B not the C with 800fsb, then it's good. But I don't have the FIS2r I got the Ls model and it still packs power, I have SATA raid and also some extras that came with my version of the mobo.

The Neo2 brand of mobo has good PAT/MAT and they do show in most reviews coming out top. They also can support the new Prescott and EE.

I have heard that a few people have tried disassembling the northbridge sink and lapping it, then use some arctic silver when re-installing it with some noticeable temperature decrease.

Well my NB temps are still high I removed the cooler and added my own TT Crsytel Orb on it and it didn't help only 3 degree drop. It still hit's 60C though and I don't know if I am burning it.

mines really hot too, but it still performs excellent

i hav the LS version, a lot cheaper than the fis2r and still good

it overcloekd very well for me with my 2.6c

vcore 1.6
269 FSB
3.497 ghz

Back