• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My watercooling pics, finally (thanks)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

feyd83

My watercooling pics, finally (thanks) 56k beware

First off, I'd like to thank all of you on the forum. I've been reading since the beginning of the summer, and this is where I got most of my ideas and advice from yall. I've currently got my setup (in order of flow) as:

HydroL30
dual 80mm radiator, which I got from sysfx
Dtek WW
Maze4 GPU
T-Line
and back to the L30

1/2" tubing, and lots of metal clamps and silicon (I'm paranoid).

I was one of the first lucky recipients of the bad-based WW's, and as nikhsub1 said in this thread the folks at Dtek Customs are real helpful if you talk to them. I talked to them and got my WW replaced with a flat and properly lapped base. I was originally gonna put in a Dtek NB cooler, but it kept leaking on me, so I took it out. I was an adventure trying to get all this put together in a college dorm room without my workshop back home, and not having a spare computer.

It's been up and running leak-free since the beginning of August. I've got lots of revision plans for over the Christmas break :D
My temps average at about 15C above ambient on load, with my fans running at 7V. (Sorry about the pic quality, I'm new to digital photos)

Last edited:
My school's ftp server isn't letting me upload my pictures, so I'm gonna have to wait for my room mate to get back to load my pics.
*sniff*

ok, hopefully these are the pics

Here's my whole system stuffed inside my Lian-Li PC-6083
comp.JPG

Here's my WW and the top of my T-Line with a Quick Disconnect
ww2.JPG

Here's a close up of my rad with my awesome shroud :D
rad.JPG

And finally theres my GPU, pump and T Line
pump.JPG

Hope yall like it, I'm open to any suggestions. I plan on putting a Dtek JR-120 radiator in the front over christmas, and I also might look into getting a Cascade.

Oh, and thanks to Borisw37 for hosting my pics for me :). I'll beat Georgia Tech's OIT office into submission eventually.

No problem, always happy to help. I applied to Georgia Tech, and they said NO :(

hahhaa the shroud is awsome. Dude believe me... I know the pain of working in a dorm room... Once I couldn't even walk anywhere... Dremel here, computer case there, tubes over there etc etc etc... But you know.... when its all over and you look at your system it just makes you smile!!! haha

Nice setup!!

Pimp shroud.:p Nice setup. Get get some thin metal, and make a shroud for that thing man! The cardboard kinda takes away from the professional look there.:D So what's with the second hose clamp right after the T-line? Doesn't look like it's clamping anything.

ZachM said:
Pimp shroud.:p Nice setup. Get get some thin metal, and make a shroud for that thing man! The cardboard kinda takes away from the professional look there.:D So what's with the second hose clamp right after the T-line? Doesn't look like it's clamping anything.

It looks like the spot where the extra clamp is placed may have been a kink in the hose.

The extra metal clamps are to keep the tubing from kinking. I'm using Clearflex60, so it's some pretty weird turns to get it to kink.
I'm actually running about 25% Zerex in the water, I don't remember exactlly which kind. It's actually orange colored, I guess the pics decided they wanted to look more pinkish.

I plan on sleeving the wires over christmas. I'm kinda low on cash this semester, but I'm interning in the Spring. My first priority is to replace my ghetto ram so I can do some OC'ing.

I tried using a Dremel tool. It was $10 from Harbor Freight. I think it would have had trouble cutting through butter........
I've got everything I need back home. I guess I could mill some of my own WB's if I felt like it. Need to get those HDD's cooled.

That's really just an extra fan I have. I used to have the thermaltake GF4 cooling kits on my card, so I still have the ram sinks. The one on the back are really small, so I keep a fan on them to keep them cool. Just paranoia really.

Eh, what can I say, I'm paranoid and I don't have a window yet :p
I was having a lot of leaking at the beginning....

Back