• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HELP! I screwed up and killed my computer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dhpruett

I was experimenting with overclocking and went to far. When I increased the settings this last time and saved the settings to my computer and went to reboot nothing happened. The computer won't do anything. The power supply works and the popwer on/off switch works. MSI offers a " USB D-Bracket 2" that is used for diagnostic purposes. It plugs into the motherboard. According to this bracket everything is fine, all four LEDs light up green. I have tried clearing the CMOS but still nothing. The only thing I did was change the settings, before this everything worked fine..

I have a MSI 875P Neo MS-6758 MB w/Pentium 4 3.0Ghz CPU, 1Gig of Kingston PC4000 Memory, Seagate Barricuda V S-ATA 120 Gig HD, ATI Radeon 9600 Pro 128MB Video Card.

I did pull the battery and cleared the CMOS. I did not leave it out fo 1/2 hour though. Maybe that is the key?

If it works you are a life saver!

Thanks

You might want to do that and also check your video card and reseat it and reseat the cpu into the socket. Or you must have the volts turned up too high and you didn't look and you saved it and bang you roasted you cpu.:( :eek:

Most likely you did not fry anything. Maybe you did not follow the correct procedure in resetting cmos? Try it again, it can't hurt. Also, try tapping insert right after turning it on for a few seconds and then restart, that is known to set cmos back to the Fail-Safe Defaults. Are you getting any beeps?

Matt

Back