• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ready to go heatercore!?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ToolBox

I need a big heatercore that I will not have to soder on 1/2 inch barbs. I have clearflex 1/2 tubing and I just want to be able to pretty much plug and play. What do you recommend?

What size? A caprice 120x2 is a common "big" core used. I believe you can cut the end tubes off to a size where you can tightly fit 1/2 tubing.

Where do you get things like the caprice and chevette heatercores? I go to the Napa Auto Parts website, but I never know which year to put in the heatercore selector thing.

Soja said:
What size? A caprice 120x2 is a common "big" core used. I believe you can cut the end tubes off to a size where you can tightly fit 1/2 tubing.
You sure? I think I'll have to get a caprice, imma go to autozone right now.

Just the auto parts people what your using it for and they (when not to busy) will let you look them over. I spent some 30min one time when looking for a odd shaped one in Parts America (way back when there was a Parts America ;)). Most are understanding people and would love to sell you something ;)

Ya sometimes. There was an old data base of heater core info but it's been dead for some time here http://12.18.239.202/heatercores/default.asp . It would allow you to pick L X W sizes and it would tell you barb sizes, what year and make to ask for, and also a ruff price. You could ask around to see if any of the other members know where it is now

edit:
here is the post link, someone may know where it is now http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=244561
just subscribe to the thread and if you get lucky its still around :)

Last edited:
The Fedco 2-274 has two 5/8" pipes and is 9.75" X 6" X 2". (Effective cooling area - top and bottom tanks make it longer.)

The 2-274 has about 3.5 times the resistance to waterflow that the 2-342 does though.

Id kinda like to know how the O ring thing works as well since the 2-765 looks to be almost as long as a Thermochill 120.3 but is probably a hell of a lot better for cooling since its a heatercore.

Back