• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for a Dual pump water block?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FIRESTARR357

Does any one know if there are any others besides the DB-2? or does any one know when I can buy a DB-2? Thx guys

Any one? Well does any one know if i could run a white water or nemisis with 2 pumps? insted of using a Y spliter? One pump in one barb the other in the 2nd barb and the middle as a outlet? well thx for any input you can give me

I don't think reversing the flow on a white water would be a good idea. Has anyone tried it? I think one of the design aspects of that block was to have the fresh water enter straight over the core of the processor and disperse to the sides.

How does the DB-2 perform against the White Water? And why do you want a dual pump block so badly?

ZachM said:
I don't think reversing the flow on a white water would be a good idea. Has anyone tried it? I think one of the design aspects of that block was to have the fresh water enter straight over the core of the processor and disperse to the sides.

I second that, for both the reason you mentioned and the impingement nozzle in the input. That would be a pretty big flow restrictor for a two pump design unless it were removed.

if you are using a sys with closed loop try puting the suction side of the pump with the inlet actually pressurizing the tank make sure you got seal on that res tho

sorry
if you took the inlet from the 2 pumps and connected them to the block directly wouldn't that effectivly be doing the same as adding a y or getting a block with 2 intakes and one exaust
effectivly sucking the water through the system instead of pushing it
your pump would also have to beable to have a decent amount
suction head to work like this
iduno just a guy with a h/s edu and some naval training with an idea

Hmm interesting I dunno what a white water block would do with 2 pumps but i may find out lol, the reason is I have 2 C1000 Eheim pumps and just for the fact that if 1 pump ever dies the other will be enough to support the system... just like it says in the DB-2 info. Now i know about the DB-2 but it says its back ordered any one know when they will sell it again? if not then i wonder what a white water would do with 2 inputs and one outlet, wouldn't it be good to have all that water clashing inside the block? I could be wrong but it seems like it would work well. Not sure what I am ganna do yet, I am getting a 73 caprice heater core and I am ganna redue my whole system and I have 2 nice pumps I want to take advantage of. God Water cooling and PC modding is so adictive, I am never happy no matter how good it runs I always wanna tear it apart and try somthing new LOL should I get help? :p

I've got a little input on this... :) First, to answer the question of DB-2 performance... It's in the TC-4/Maze3 range of waterblocks when ran with a single pump. If you run it with 2 smaller pumps in parallel, it performs excellently.

I can't tell you if/when Logic Cooling will be selling them again, but if you really want one to try, I've got a couple of my early prototypes around... They're kinda ugly, but they work well. PM me if you want one.

If you want to run a WW or Evo (or similar central inlet block) with dual pumps, you'll want to remove the "velocity plate." It'll only add useless resistance. I personally think that you'll get better performance with a single pump using the central inlet, although I've never personally tested dual pumps in a cross-flowconfiguration. I have tested these thin based blocks using a single pump in a cross flow configuration with single inlet/single outlet; they're pretty much average. Perhaps you'd be better off running the pumps in serial if you choose one of these blocks.

Hope it helps!

Edits are in italics. I was somewhat less than clear in my descriptions earlier.

Last edited:
Sent you a PM lol, I really want a block I can run 2 pumps with. Thx for the help man and every one for there input.

whats the reason for running two pumps? if your looking for security just run them in series, if you just have an urge, don't bother. There are no blocks that are made for two pumps that are better for single pumps.

Jon

Umm he just said he had some, and the pumps are not inline they are subs so i can't run them in series. security is not the only reason its one of them and its not just a urge I have 2 pumps why not use them insted of letting one collect dust in my closet. Does any one know how koolance does it cause i know they have 2 pumps.

insnity said:
sorry
if you took the inlet from the 2 pumps and connected them to the block directly wouldn't that effectivly be doing the same as adding a y or getting a block with 2 intakes and one exaust
effectivly sucking the water through the system instead of pushing it
your pump would also have to beable to have a decent amount
suction head to work like this
iduno just a guy with a h/s edu and some naval training with an idea

"suction head" on these impeller type pumps is nil.

I still think your better off using a "Y", and a block with a single input. Cathar designed the whitewater very specifically, and using it backwards would not yield the same results. You can have security with 2 pumps by using a backflow preventer on each pump before they merge, but I don't know how flow-resistant they are.

Back