• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Water cooling suggestions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

themiz4jc

Registered
I'm looking to water cool my proc, northbridge, and gpu.
Ive got:
2.4C
Asus P4PE800dlx
Ati 9700pro

Should I look at systems like Koolance, Corsair...? If so Can anyone recomend one. This kind of new to me, but I really want to get into it soon.

here's what i would look for :D.

check out www.dangerden.com for pumps/tubing/gpu block.

ehiem 1250
maze 4 gpu
plenty of 1/2 inch clearflex

look @ www.dtekcustoms.com for the white water cpu block.
i'm not using a n/b block, but any one with 1/2 inch fittings that isn't very flow restrictive will suit this setup. Pick up an 87 chevette heatercore at your local auto parts store, u can make a couple shrouds or u can purchase them from DD or any other watercool supplier. Grab a couple 120mm fans and you're ready to go. One thing about cooling the cpu/northbridge/gpu all in one loop, you will need a strong pump. This is why i recommended the eheim 1250. It's plenty stout, and very reliable. Check the prices on these items, then you can decide if you'd rater go with a kit. If i was going to get a kit, i would go to dangerden u can make a custom kit there :D.

J.

Dtek now has a kit with parts that a lot of people buy seperately. You might want to look into that if you don't feel like looking around and placing a bunch of different orders.

Yeah, I agree. Dtek is a great place to get stuff.
The Danner Mag3 is a little cheaper than the Eheim 1250...I think it has a little more head too. They're both viable options. The Eheim has a longer reputation.

Back