• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Whats wrong here. . .

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Duff

Registered
Alright, I know why I just burned up my video card. I had a sliver of metal which found it's way to the AGP connection. . .so, the dust was blown off the AIW Pro 128 :( PCI slot cards come in handy :( :( :(
Now that I have no AGP slot I didn't see the need to keep on water cooling.

With the air cooler back on, I realize, I'm running EXACTLY the same temp with a single air cooler setup as my water cooling setup. The H20 system has a Leufken water block with 3/8" connections, my 1/4" radiator and a 370ish GPH 3/8" Via Aqua 1300. Now, I realize the radiator is inadequate for this setup, but it should have still been cooler than 113F on a stock clocked P4 2.4Ghz (533fsb). . . . .RIGHT???

I dropped about 15 degree's when I went to water. You may wanna check and make sure that you don't have any air in your system and that your block is seated right and has enough presure holding it in.
Rob

I'm sure there is no air. The pressure on the other hand, I've got it affixed with an "H" bar with all 4 corners just a tad more than finger tight. The block won't move under the "H" and I'm using Arctic Silver II for my paste. I know the water flow is good too. I've flushed the block and the radiator prior to installation. 15F would THRILL me! Considering using a peltier here soon. . . Room temp is running steady 73 :( Wife likes it warm :( :( :(

Well...part of it is the 3/8" and 1/4" Reservoir. That isn't good for your flowrates...especially with a lower head pump.

im ASSuming thats a load temp... 45°c

did you lap the wb? maybe try using a different thermal paste... shin-etsu or AS5... but other than that, get a new, bigger system... if you want better temps, that is...

Back