• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NB block on ASUS mobo.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ToolBox

The Asus P4C800-E DELUXE doesn't have mounting holes (or so it seams) for a nb w/b. How would I put one on? I really need to get one because it has a 255FSB wall without active cooling.

Does it use the little wire retention thing? If so you could probably epoxy the block onto the NB, and rig up something from the wire mounts to provide some extra securtiy.

ILikeMy240sx said:
Just slap on a 40mm fan on top of the stop heatsink
Whats your overclock with taht 40mm fan on it? I would hate to epoxy to my mobo and find I did it wrong :(

:)

Should be getting something like this in the not to distant future...

VMT2693.jpg

.....and hope to reproduce my coolers on a limted scale.....

How 'bout this-

Swiftech MCW20

Just bought two and it has two fish hook shaped threaded rods for the Asus board. I bought it for my Gigabyte 8KNXP but also have a P4C800 and it will work on it. They don't show the 2 "j" shaped rods anywhere but they're in the kit.

Had another idea if you want to use a Danger Den or another standard block.

Forgive the quick sketch and bad scan, it's late :D

h2oblockbar.jpg

All you need is a small flat piece of steel, a drill, and a file to make the small ends where they bend up into the loops on the board.
Steel needs to be stiff, maybe a chromed piece from another mounting kit laying around.

rocketmanx said:
Had another idea if you want to use a Danger Den or another standard block.

Forgive the quick sketch and bad scan, it's late :D

h2oblockbar.jpg

All you need is a small flat piece of steel, a drill, and a file to make the small ends where they bend up into the loops on the board.
Steel needs to be stiff, maybe a chromed piece from another mounting kit laying around.

that's a good idea except Im not sure if it would provide enough clamping force to provide optimal cooling...

That's why I said "stiff" steel, my drawing puts the same type of force on the metal as does bladerunners tabs. If you use the same type of steel as bladerunners or the same as the tabs in the Swiftech kit it should be much stronger than the "wirse" Asus uses to mount their HS.

Back