• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Danner Mag 3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ninety6

Registered
My system has been running for more than 2 months now and it has been great so far. My only concern is that there's always a huge bubble coming out of my pump and goes to my bayres everytime I turn it off when it has been running for a while. Looks like i have a very very tiny hole where air gets in but water can't get out. I'm wondering if there's any other mag users out there with the same thing?

I guess i'm not supposed to be worried when it has been running for this long. My bayres has a bubble in it and it doesn't get small or bigger which is a good thing. I'll probably put some blue silicone when I empty the water in like 3 more months :)

I love the mag drive 3 pump btw :)

If you want to test to see if you have a hole or not, try running the pump under water for a long time and see if the same thing happens... If there is a hole like you said where air goes in but water goes out, under water your problem shouldnt occur

I just got my mag 2 and was running a 24 hour test on the fittings. i found this to happen to but what i have figured is that if when you hear that "noise" of the air traped inside just pull the plug.. let the air seep out (if you have it setup where it can escape) and plug it back in.. depending on how your setup is ran this should push it to your resivoir..

i did this a few times on mine get'n those little bubbles out and i could let it run for hours and not get those bubbles. btw i was just testing mine in a big loop in a giant bowl of water testing the fittings though, if you dont have anywhere for the air to escape im not sure what i did would work for you.

ILikeMy240sx said:
If you want to test to see if you have a hole or not, try running the pump under water for a long time and see if the same thing happens... If there is a hole like you said where air goes in but water goes out, under water your problem shouldnt occur

Exactly what I had in mind. :cool:

Suma.

are you running metal or plastic barbs? and is there any sign of cracks?

it could also be a bad sealing job, maybe need to re-wrap it in the teflon tape, only use 1-2 turns of tape, hand tighten.

Jon

Back