• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Swiftech MCP300-- how good is it?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MameXP

Hi, I'm about to buy a pump for my new WC setup. What i want is a realiable, quite pump but powerful enough to cool my dual AMD. Does Swiftech MCP300 meet my expectation? can you tell me your experience with this pump?

THankx in advance,
MameXP

I have one which I am the second owner of and have been pleased with the performance overall. However, It has started making noise(loud) from time to time. (maybe needs a impeller mod?)
Personally for the cost of it($45-$50 most places Ive seen it) I think that there are better options. However the small size and looks of the pump do make it an attractive buy.

Well i can get it for $45CDN which is not bad since Via1300 here is $33CDN. I want to get the hydor l30 one but i dont know anyplace in Canada selling them.

Anyway, i need more inputs to form the decision. On the Swiftech site, the pump is said to have 50,000 hrs liftetime, so...

Keep me update guys.
MameXP,

Last edited:
Well, a manufacturer is going to make nice claims...but I doubt the product has even existed long enough (50,000hrs = 5.7 years) for them to make an accurate claim on that...it's probably theoretical.

I've heard some stuff about reliability too...it might be a wiser choice to go with something that's more reputable. Just my $.02.

How limited are your choices in Canada? They can't be too bad...even Canadians have aquarium stores. :) If nothing else is available though, it sounds like you at least have a pretty good deal on it.

I would go with a Hydor. With a few small mods, it should last a long, cool, silent life. ( a light seal of Goop would be a good idea on most pumps, to let you rest more at ease )

I think the Hydors run smoother than a Via. But the Via's are really cheap. I havent tried a Swifty, so I guess I really dont count though.

"a light seal of Goop would be a good idea on most pumps, to let you rest more at ease"

You mean like mine? (btw, mine is a hydor clone called Heto... :rolleyes: )
DSCN2317.JPG

I did this mod cause I didn't have the blue thing.

Suma.

Last edited:
I replaced my Danner with a MCP-600 and have'nt looked back. It pushes water through 3 blocks 2 rads and a res with ease. For a small pump it's really powerfull and quite as well. A small percentage (2%) were having problems but Swiftech has been working on a fix.

Creeper22, how good is the maxijet 1200? anyway YGPM on that

Ok i really want to have the *legendary* Hydor L30 but i dont know anyplace in Canada selling it. I will check out the aquarium stores when i have time.

ye i also have an Via1300 in hand, maybe worth using it first :)
MameXP,

Last edited:
My old MCP300 leaked through the pump/motor housing. Tried to epoxy it but I was still always getting air in the system.
The size of the MCP300 is nice, but I feel much safer now with my Mag 3.

Back