• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need some help :D

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Steve978

I just formated my sister's computer but alas it has decided that it hates me, everything was going ok but then in my windows install it froze on 32 minutes everytime no matter what cd I used. So I figured hell I'll try a different way, so I slapped the hard drive in another computer and loaded up window XP. No when I put the hard drive back in the computer it boots with this messed up screen: Novell Netware Redy Firmwarm, analyzing network this will take several seconds... ok, the it goes from RPL-ROM-FFC 1 to 200 then does it again then it gives me an error saying boot record from scsi not found. Any ideas? Computer is a 1.7 celey with an ECS P4VMM2 motherboard. I tried taking out the network card but it still does it. If I did something dumb feel free to flame me but also give me some advice :D

A failure like that after a reformat usually means a hardware problem of some sort. Try removing all cards except video. Use only one stick of ram. Then reformat and reinstall windows. Also, make sure that conservative settings are used in the bios.

If everything goes well, add cards and other hardware one at a time until you find the culprit.

If you are still having the same problem, try a different stick of ram. Also, try a different hard drive if possible.

k im gonna try reinstalling windows with the hard drive in this comp but you know of any reason it would freeze in the creating network section? It like doesnt freeze but it does, the lil thing downt he bottom moves and the page changes, like the description of XP.

Back