• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My Watercooled PC-70

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fallguy

Ive had basically the same setup, for almost a year. But just added a chipset block, and have never posted a pic here. My parts are:

D-Tek Pro heatercore with 2 shrouds
Eheim 1048 pump with rubber shock absorbers
Swiftech CPU/GPU/Chipset blocks
Innovatek HD block, and Tank-O-Matic
Criticool pump relay
Tygon 3/8" ID tubing

1.JPG

14.JPG

17.JPG

18.JPG

23.JPG

25.JPG

6.JPG

Cools pretty well it think.

3750Mhz-27c.jpg

Not sure why it shows 1.63v. I had it set at 1.5875 in the BIOS. I wasnt aware Asus overvolts like Abit does. In any event, its stable at that speed. High artifact free speed for my 9800 Pro is 480/380. I have pushed it to 495/411, but it artifacts badly. When testing my ram, it never did lock up, even at 411, but my screen looked like Tempest with all the artifacts. I never did try higher. Dont want to volt mod it either.

Comments, suggestions, critics welcome.

Thats one way to up my post count :eek:

One shroud on each side of the heatercore. You cant see the top one.

It seems to be. I want to try the new Swiftech pump.. but have heard bad things about it. I like it because I could get rid of my Criticool PCI relay card, and it matches :) They saw it performs better than my 1048, but that could be PR talk. I got burned on their MCP300, so Im a little unsure if I want to try it.

Why not go withh Hydor L30? that might be a nice pump for your setup.

The last picture of your first post.... The one with soccer chick fan guard thing... I didnt see a fan so i assumed that you onnly had one shroud on the bottom.... Maybe shround without a fan??

Good job dude... U make me wanna get my hands on some tygons. Seeing them twist ans turn in tight places is absolutely sexy. :p

I think you have found the sweet spot for your system. Average costing setup with good OC performance. Cheers!!

ILikeMy240sx said:
Why not go withh Hydor L30? that might be a nice pump for your setup.

The last picture of your first post.... The one with soccer chick fan guard thing... I didnt see a fan so i assumed that you onnly had one shroud on the bottom.... Maybe shround without a fan??

There is a fan.. and there is a pic of the fan..

geosin, I think so too. I dont want to add any more money, it cools pretty well. I am happy at 3.75gig. This is our family PC, so tinkering with it all the time would get my wife and little girl upset with me :) Its been running the same setup for about a year now, except I just added the NB block.

fallguy said:

There is a fan.. and there is a pic of the fan..

geosin, I think so too. I dont want to add any more money, it cools pretty well. I am happy at 3.75gig. This is our family PC, so tinkering with it all the time would get my wife and little girl upset with me :) Its been running the same setup for about a year now, except I just added the NB block.

Im sure your daughter enjoys watching those cathode lights :D

It would be ideal to marry low price and performance. If it ain't broke and your happy ... don't fix it!! Enjoy your P4 monster .. CHeers!!

ILikeMy240sx said:

Im sure your daughter enjoys watching those cathode lights :D

Actually she does like the lights and water :)

EmPC.JPG

Im having to fight her for time on it now. She turns it on, logs on to her account and goes. She can even hit Windowskey+L to change logins. Goes to her favorite websites with games, and starts her games all by herself. Shes just 4!

Kids now-a-dayz sure pickup things fast ... or are we getting old :)
Now what was I doing when I was 4 ??

Little suggestion, your little girl is having to strain her neck by looking upwards at the screen. Its always recommended that the user looks downwards instead. :eek:

feyd83 said:
How well does that Inovatek HDD cooler work for cooling and silencing?

I dont know if it cools well or not, to be honest. I have it on a Raptor, which spins at 10k. Since it goes so fast, I thought it would be loud. The HD block has rubber grommets to silence the vibration. I know you can do that without watercooling, but I guess I just wanted to. I also had it on my 80gig WD SE, again no idea if it cools it well.

Very nice setup but from a silent pc freak all those fans in the back are much overkill. Have you tried to turn one, two, or even three off and see what the case temp difference is? But very nice indeed.

I guess I should have shown a pic of my front. Most fans are controlled via 5v-12v baybus. Even the PSU can go from 1500-3000 rpm.

23.JPG

The only fan that isnt controlled via the baybus is the side foor fan. But its plugged into my CPU fan plug on my mobo. And I have it set at 11/15 for RPM. Its pretty quiet.

Back