• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Did I install the right driver ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Marie1uk

I am new to computing but i decided to reformat my computer and install Windows ME (replacing Windows 98SE). I thought i had installed all of the drivers necessary but a friend asked me if i had installed the Mobo drivers too (which I hadn't).

My system info according to Belarc:

MSI MS-6380 0.A
Asset Tag: 0123ABC
Processor a Main Circuit Board b
1000 megahertz AMD Duron
128 kilobyte primary memory cache
64 kilobyte secondary memory cache Board: MSI MS-6380 0.A
Bus Clock: 100 megahertz
BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. 062710 07/15/97
Drives Memory Modules c,d
20.48 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity

I have a VIATech based chipset so I went to this site:

http://www.msi.com.tw/program/support/driver/dvr/spt_dvr_list.php

and downloaded and installed the first driver in the list :

VIA Chipset 4in1 Drivers
Support model All VIA based chipset mainboard
Description
a. Driver Package V4.49
b. Add support PT880
c. WHQL Pass
Date 2003-9-9
Your System OS Win98SE/ME/2000/XP(1402KB)

Please tell me I installed the right one - there are so many others there too that *might* be more appropriate but i have no idea.

A simple Yes would put my mind to rest.

Those are the correct chipset drivers for your board...v4.49 of the VIA 4in1's being the latest. If you'd like to check on newer versions of the drivers in the future, you can find them first at VIArena here...

http://www.viaarena.com/?PageID=300

These are the same 4in1 Hyperion chipset drivers as you found at your motherboard manufacturer's website, except directly from the chipset manufacturer's driver site...VIA. :)

Last edited:
hey thanks a lot - being a noob it's always better to check rather than mess something up.

Back