• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

water pumps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

repilce

I was just wondering if all the popular water pumps for cooling rigs are magneticly driven? i have a danner mag 2 i got for free from my bud that does aquarium stuff for fixing up his rig.
Well i'm testing it inside my case now and it's making my monitor flicker?? would it have any effect on my compenets? HD, etc?
Are then Einham (sp?) pumps magneticly driven also?

repilce said:
I was just wondering if all the popular water pumps for cooling rigs are magneticly driven? i have a danner mag 2 i got for free from my bud that does aquarium stuff for fixing up his rig.
Well i'm testing it inside my case now and it's making my monitor flicker?? would it have any effect on my compenets? HD, etc?
Are then Einham (sp?) pumps magneticly driven also?
Yes most of the common pumps are mag driven. However, the Danner series are not shielded very well. People have said if you cover the pump with some tin foil, this helps. Eheim's are shielded much better. You could also make some sort of metal box to sit on top of the pump, this may or may not help but might be worth a try.

kewl thanks for the info.. i chose the mag for my friend to get cause he said (for aquariums) they were the Sh*t and very reliable. but he would have know nothing about the shieilded issue.. thanks for the heads up though.

Back