• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TH7 freezes in mid-POST

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mateo

I scrounged up a few odd ends to recomplete my old TH7/1.5 willy system, but now its going screwy in the POST. It starts up fine, goes through a bunch of POST codes, and then stops with the code 01. In the manual, this is "Expand the Xgroup codes locating the physical address 1000:0", but that's all I'm getting. I tried switching the RDRAM to the other channel, tried clearing the CMOS, but nothing's working. Any ideas as to how to fix this problem?

P.S.: I get no display when it freezes. Before that, I can't really say, because I have this on a KVM that's off the analog on my LCD, and switching between DVI and VGA has a delay that makes me miss the initial part of any normal boot.

Go thru the basics.

* Remove motherboard from tower, install components on motherboard and try.

*then try removing everything from the motherboard except video card, CPU and ram.

I did the rest of the basics short of reinstalling the CPU. I'll get to that when I have time.

Back