• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

wierd error...help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

setl4nothing

Hey all. I just recently purchased a new mb (a7n8x-delux) and vid card (9600pro) and im having some issues. On my old rig (the one in my sig) i havent had any problems at all. Now, im getting strange windows error pop-ups. i tried to make sense out of the error log, but it was all greek to me. microsoft's website said that it was a driver error.
Also, my computer has been randomly resetting itself, and im thinking its based off the same error that is occuring. I do not think it is an overclocking problem, b/c in all reality, its not that high. (166x10=1666mhz). I know these are very broad areas for error here, but i'm stumped. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

ps, i have all the latest drivers/updates for all my hardware.

thanks again,
Nolan

Did you reinstall windows when you got your new hardware? What do the errors say? With more info I can try my best to help you out.

Matt

dude, if you want us to help you, you need to give more info such as what error message is and where it happens

try to put everything in 1 easy to read and understand sentence:)
weird error doesn't do it.

powerme said:
dude, if you want us to help you, you need to give more info such as what error message is and where it happens

try to put everything in 1 easy to read and understand sentence:)
weird error doesn't do it.

I took care of it, its ok, lol. Thanks for the support though. I have a feeling he just didn't reinstall windows, thats why it says driver error.

Matt

I'm sorry, i was a little rushed on the last post.

I have clean installed windows 2 times and on both occasions it has given me this error.

I just checked windows update and it had a driver update for my SBLive 5.1. If it goes through the night without a crashout, i'll asssume that it was probably that driver that needed fixed.

again, sorry i didnt give more detail. Im really not that big of a n00b to not reinstall windows on a new system :p

if the error comes up again, i'll post the log on here. or, if i can find the log from the last error, i'll copy it in here. thanks again

nolan

setl4nothing said:
I'm sorry, i was a little rushed on the last post.

I have clean installed windows 2 times and on both occasions it has given me this error.

I just checked windows update and it had a driver update for my SBLive 5.1. If it goes through the night without a crashout, i'll asssume that it was probably that driver that needed fixed.

again, sorry i didnt give more detail. Im really not that big of a n00b to not reinstall windows on a new system :p

if the error comes up again, i'll post the log on here. or, if i can find the log from the last error, i'll copy it in here. thanks again

nolan

Even the best of us forget. Its always important to check dumb stuff like that first. Didn't mean to offend you in any way. Hope I didn't. SBLive has been known to give errors like that without updated drivers. Keep trying and get back to us. Best of luck!

Matt

go to creative web site to download the latest driver for your sblive 5.1

windows update doesn't always have everything latest when it comes with drivers

i have newest nvidia driver and windows update tells me to update with its oldest one.

can't trust MS on this

powerme said:
go to creative web site to download the latest driver for your sblive 5.1

i ran the creative 'AutoUpdate' thingie each reinstall of windows and it stated that my driver was current.

"Status:No updates are necessary for your Creative product.
Your system already has the latest versions installed. "

i think that if this was the problem, the windows driver will suffice anyways since it's 'signed' or whatever the term is.

heres hoping.

Nolan

i checked creative web site for your sound card and the latest driver they have for your card is 02/2003

if you can manually download it, it's good. I always prefer MANUAL update instead of automatically update

if your windows update can fix your problem, go for it

agh....comp reset in the middle of the night. same error, but windows did not specify what driver.
the only progs i had running were AIM and YM messangers.
Could the problem be in my onboard network adapters?
Its still wierd that it would just randomly reset and not just give an error. :(
help!

Back