• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

burning windows update?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rutkus

I was just wondering if it is possible to download all the updates for windows xp pro and burn them to disk for a backup? The reason for this is like if i want to do a fresh reinstall on my hd, i have to wait an hour or two while windows update downloads 100megs of updates and security patches and then installs it. and if someone is on a dialup then that would take forever, it would be cool to have them burned somewhere for reference.

does anyone know how to backup the update files or has anyone done it in the past?

awesome, too bad that the software codes for the installation history aren't applicable in the search portion of the download center.

thanks alot!

ok, i got all the updates downloaded onto my hd, and i'll probably run a batch command in the cmd prompt, baltoos, thanks for the info, I will try that too, what i'm not getting is that in order to add the hotfix, how do you make it so that the drive label is unversal? do you have to change the .bat file every time for every computer?

Back