• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pump or block?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Baowuf

Registered
Hi,
I'm researching building a 'cost conscience' watercooling setup, and I was looking for some input on a dilemma I'm having. The goals for my rig are 1. quieter rig (currently running 3x80 1x92 fans, 1 is a tornado) 2. economical. 3. same performance as my air setup.
My dilemma comes from a little voice worried about being too cheap. I want to spend a little more on either my pump or waterblock, but I'm not sure which. Yes higher flow will cool more, but better block will cool more as well. My hunch is that a larger pump now will allow for better cooling now, and better cooling down the road if i decide to upgrade blocks and/or add a gpu block.

Am I correct?

Thanks

Current rig: XP1600@1838(10.5*[email protected]) 47-48c load
slk900+80mm Tornado

Pump Options
180-200gph 3-5ft head (Via480) or
350-400gph 6-8ft head (Via1300)

Block Options
DD Maze3/D-tek Spir@l type or
Maze4/ SiltEdge Type
Absolute Splurge?: WW or RBX
& Chevette HC

350-400gph 6-8ft head (Via1300) for the pump..... I made my own waterblock so can't give you advice there :eek:/

check my sig for performance :D

To be honest each part of your system is quite important because if it fails.........well you know the story.
I'm a believer of the fact you pay more for quality and the majority of the time it's true. Via Aquas are fairly good pumps but there are known to fail and in my opinion although more costly eheims are still the most reliable pumps.
Just my thoughts.

Back