• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bad contact with Swiftech mcw462-uh

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mr_Saidin

Hello everyone!

I think the bad contact problem is caused by some tension from the tubing. It´s 1/2" armed tube and it´s quite stiff.
Is it safe to add a washer or two too the springs on the mcw?
I am using the Epox 8rda3+ and a 2500+ Barton.

Thanks

You mean between the head of the screws and the spring (or between the spring and the aluminum top of the block) right? I think that could solve your problem but you have to be careful that you don't crack your core. Are you using a shim? A lot of people don't like shims since they can spread the heat from the block back into the organic packaging of the chip and if not properly made/applied could act as a spacer between the chip and block but if you're going to be adding more pressure to the block I think using a shim might be a good choice in your case. Although I think an even better idea would be to boil the tubing you're using to get it the shape you want so it will apply less side pressure to the block. I boiled one of my tubes for a good hour (kept having to refill the pot) to get it just the right shape and I've got no problems on my setup.

Thanks! I think I will try with an extra washer between the screw and the spring. And no I am not using a shim. Have too be extra carefull I guess without a shim and with extra washer.
If that dosent do it I will try boiling the tube into shape.

Back