• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

D-tek kit

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I think it is a good kit. Since you are getting the WW and the 1250, it should be pretty nice. You could probably get better prices at other places, but then you would have to add a ton of shipping charges.

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS.

K1ll1nT1m3 said:
I think it is a good kit. Since you are getting the WW and the 1250, it should be pretty nice. You could probably get better prices at other places, but then you would have to add a ton of shipping charges.

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS.

I second that motion!! :)

Im still not sure whether im going to do that or just get a 92mm tornado and a fan controller to put on my slk-900a, this option would cost about $200 less and i have a bunch of other things i need to upgrade first.

Water cooling is always fun and adventurous. You will love the journey to WCing... i know this sounds like some fairy tale or something but you really do get alot of joy out of it. Plus its good to keep your sanity by brining down the noise level

Yeah, I really want watercooling but before I get anything i need some new ram so im not sure ill have the money for watercooling. Also, I transport my case a lot from place to place, will this be a problem with a watercolling setup? And then theres the problem of what to do with my basically brand new slk-900a... And one other thing. Heres a link to the case I have now.
http://www.xoxide.com/xviper.html
The problem is that I have no idea where i could fit a radiator in the case since the drive cage goes all the way down and isnt removable.

Ok I just thought of a new idea and wanted to know if it would work. I was thinking that I could place the pump in the front of the case in the lower drive cage and then have the radiator in the rear of the case under my video card since I have no PCI cards i think there would be room. If I placed the rad there, my side intake fan would be blowing cold air over it so i think that would be helpful also. I would just need to figure out how to vent the hot air from the rad fan out of the back of my case. I have a 80mm rear fan and a 92mm top fan on exhaust, would these be good enough or would i need some sort of exhaust hole right behind the rad if you follow what i mean.

Edit: It seems like I actually have about 6.5in clearence between the bottom of my case and my video card, which is a bit too small to fit the pro core radiator, but a slightly smaller version of it might just fit.
http://www.dtekcustoms.com/product.asp?0=205&1=227&3=103

Edit Edit: If that rad is too big I could always go with the black ice pro, which is a little more expensive but smaller.
http://www.dangerden.com/mall/Radiators/hwlabs.asp

Can I get some opinions on this? And thanks a lot.

Last edited:
cupidr17 said:
if you get a WW, make sure to get some sandpaper...D-Tek is known to have BAD lap jobs on their WW's...

oh yea.. why did i forget to mention that hahaha thanks Cupid for reminding all of us...

I don't know what the inside of your case looks like but from what it looks, it's gonna be a tight fit. and you want to transport your computer from place to place which means you are going to want to have everything inside of your case all strapped down... From past threads, alot of people who are tight on space have gone to BIX micro... but I doubt that will give you any significant benefit over your new slk besides for silencing your machine... It would be nice if I can take a look at what you have inside of your computer

Well im not planning on getting anything until the end of the month and Ill get some pics for you to see asap. And scrap that whole thing about the moving it around, I wont need to do that. I think ill go with the black ice pro, its the smallest of the not small rads at 5.9in so it should fit with a tiny bit of room to spare.

Ok so heres what im planning on getting now:
D-tek White Water block - $50
Bay Rez - $25
Hydor L30 - $50
Black Ice Pro Rad - $50
120mm fan - $12
Hose clamps - $7.50
ClearFlex60 1/2" ID tubing - How many feet?
Water wetter - $3.50
UV dye - 10

What do you guys think?

Edit: I got a star!! I feel so special now

Last edited:
Looks good. I would use something other than water wetter though. Im pretty sure it stains the tubing.

Edit: I would think about trying to find another rad. Wouldnt the black ice pro exteme fit? It would be a nice improvement. Or look for a heatercore, im sure you can find one that will fit. Plus, they might be cheaper. ( if you can do some slight mods to one )

Edit2: maybe this will help if you go looking for a heatercore.

Good luck :)

Last edited:
Yeah, I think ill go with the Black Ice Xtreme radiator, thanks for the suggestion. On Danger Den's site it says that 3/8" ID Silicon Tubing will fit around 1/2" OD fittings. Is this true or will 1/2" ID tubing fit around the barbs on the radiator and all my other parts also?

Ok one fast question if you can please post a pic of the inside of the case you will be putting this in. Also the White water loves high gallon per hour pumps and second don't add water wetter.

I can take a pic of the case in a few days as soon as I get my hands on a digital camera and ill take your advice and not use water wetter. Is there any other additive that I should use in place of it?

Took me a sec. They dont sell the Black Ice Extreme ( i got it now ). I think if you used the rad in the kit you should be fine. ( if it fits in your case ) The Extreme should be almost as good as that rad in the kit, if the kits rad wont fit.

You may be better of getting the parts seperatly if you need to go with the Black Ice Extreme. They are twice as thick as the regular Black Ice Pros. They are only 15 dollars more.

PS. a 3/8id tube will not fit over a 1/2od barb. ( without mods anyway ) A 3/8in rad would hurt system performance. I would stick with a 1/2in.

Back