• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What do you guys think of this case for a WCooling newbie

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I think for a newbie it's good as it comes ready to go but it's quite pricey as with a little effort you could build one better and for less.
Just my thoughts.
Later

yeah those are my thoughts exactly. You can get the components and build it yourself for cheaper.

If I were you I would save my money and just spend some time reading through all the posts and stickies on this forum and make some of your own threads for things you dont understand. Then once you have a clear understanding of what you need to do you can make your own WC kit for a lot less money and have more fun with it at the same time. I think in the long run you will be happier with this route opposed to the premade kit as once you understand how it works you will see how simple it is to make your own setup.

Your rig looks good and has many options as well but is way over priced. 90% of the people in here will tell you there is only one way to go H2O, and thats to build it yourself. It's all about how much you want to put into it ~ more = better (most of the time at least). BTW Spend some time in this section and read up on the home made systems and what goes into them you may find it's a worth while adventure, I sure have.

bump for all of the above, i agree

I'm constructing my own WC setup right now and through the help of others and journels on this forum i have found it to be a good and satisfing experience so far.

That's a lot of Money for a case like that when you could use 100bucks or more to buy you a great case and construct everything yourslef and probaly still have well over 100bucks left to do other upgrades with.

My WC setup myself will cost me Under 100dollars for everything in fact it should come right in around 75-80 bucks, the most expensive thing i'm geting is my water block the Swiftech 5002 and that's about 50bucks of it, granted i did get my water pump for free for hooking up a friend but that still would have only been about another 30 bucks

Back