• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus P3v4x Bios+drivers Update

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

alex_ezakiel

Registered
Asus P3v4x Bios Update, anywhere???

hi,

i have the old ASUS P3V4X PC-133 mother board.
I have NEVER updated the BIOS or DRIVERS and i am now trying to find a site from which i can download these items.
so far result = complete failure
I have a Pentium P3 650 GHZ chip running uselessely under par, and i desperately need to overclock to gain performance.
can you help?

Last edited:
By the way, there is also beta bios at Asus site. You can install it as well. When updating the bios, use the latest flashing tool called aflash.exe. Be carefull! You MUST type the command with big (capital) letters. Use Caps Lock. Such as: AFLASH BLABLA.AWD and hit enter. Thats it...

alex_ezakiel:
Which bios chip do you have? Is it SST 39SF020 90-XX-XX MPF? If so you can. Can you verify it? Sometimes board manufacturers uses non-flashable bios chips, if there is a shortage when assembling the motherboard. Non-flashable chips are begining with 27, 37, 47 etc. Flashable ones are beginning with 28, 38, 48 or 29, 39, 49 etc. Shortly x7xx... is non-flashable, x8xx... and x9xx... are flashable.

Can you inform me about the identity of your flash chip please? I want to verify one P4V 4X motherboard here. Thank You...

alex_ezakiel,

Sorry, the bios update process has changed newly with aflash221.exe You only type aflash221 from the diskette and will give the new bios directory by choosing 2nd menu. Here type 1006.003 this is the latest beta bios and for higher CPU's including P3 coppermine (or P3 Tualatins with upgrade adapters) must use this one, not the p3v4x105. Please read the readme.txt inside the aflash221 utility for more details.

"http://www.asus.com.tw/support/download/item.aspx?ModelName=P3V4X&Type=Latest" is the site adress that you can download aflash221.zip, later tick to beta and get the latest beta pv4x1063.zip

Please don't forget to look on your bios chip and if possible, don't forget to post your bios chip id for me here. You may need to cover up the Award Bios sticker a bit.

Thank You...

Hi alex_ezakiel,
My first reply ended up in the way back machine. I hit the wrong key and it went, I know not where ???
I also have a P3V4X, running a 1Ghz PIII chip. It's real stable and runs at about 45 degrees (C). (I've had cooler chips)
I believe that the 1.006b version is the most recent bios. That is what was recommended when I went to WXP about a year ago. Just recently I'm having trouble with the AGP port recignizing my ATI Rage 128 AGP 1,2,4X. I can't get the best out of my new monitor until I solve the AGP problem. (ya I know that all of this is ancient and it's almost used up, but I need to get a few more months out of it, and I'll re-do the whole thing with some P4 technology. Anybody got an answer to the AGP port problem with my config ?? Alex, if you still haven't got the right bios, I'll email it to you.
Thanks,

BL

Re: Asus P3v4x Bios Update, anywhere???

alex_ezakiel said:
hi,

i have the old ASUS P3V4X PC-133 mother board.
I have NEVER updated the BIOS or DRIVERS and i am now trying to find a site from which i can download these items.
so far result = complete failure
I have a Pentium P3 650 GHZ chip running uselessely under par, and i desperately need to overclock to gain performance.
can you help?
You can find the downloads at this site: http://www.asus.com/support/download/item.aspx?ModelName=P3V4X&Type=All&SLanguage=en-us

Back