• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

gfx card cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jibby

ok. i have a 9600 pro and i was gonna water-cool it and ill be getting a 9800 pro in about 3 months (next counter-strike tournament) and i need a gpu that is elite and will cool the 9600 pro then be put on the 9800 pro later on.

The dangerden on should work as long as you got the mounting holes in your card and plus it uses 1/2" tubing which is a bonus.

any others taht use 1/2" barbs and aren't too bad flow restrictive? i doubt video card cooling needs to be REALLY GOOD but i don't want a crappy block and preferably one not needing to be lapped.

Swiftech do a good one not sure if its compatible with all radeons but don't see why not but best to check really only prob is it uses 3/8 tubing so depending on your setup it may be a prob. I not sure on anymore blocks that are 1/2" and good but the swiftech and dd ones are the most popular i think right now.

well i use 1/2" tubing so would i have to get 3/8ths tubing with a converter from 1/2 to 3/8?

No you can get an adapter for a Swiftech MCW50. It's bout 4 dollars. Oh btw, Just get a 9800 non-pro with samsung chips so you can OC it to XT specs with good cooling. Saves u lotta money too.

actually no it wouldn't save me any money at all because i stated earlier in the post that both these cards were free from coutner-strike tournaments. ;)

Back