• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AIM virus possibility?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sup3rcarrx8

Hey guys. Whenever i talk to a few of my friends on AIM, i usually get a message from them saying "Screen name: Yo!! Im gettin this camara! piC" In that word piC, it's a link i think and it doesn't even load - it's a ip address or something. Could this thing be a virus? Thanks.

Not sure, never heard of that. Have you tried running a virus scan? How about uninstalling and installing AIM again?

They don't even have any virus scanners. I told them to get at least something but they said they had adaware and spybot. Then i told them that those are completely different than virus scanner programs. My friends are morons. >_<

Maybe they are just pretending to be morons and hack you? Though unlikly they may be trying to say "ph34R m3 1337 |-|4x0r sk1||z" to show off after they found some scrip hacking program online. Only thing...since they were morons they could not quite figure out how to make it work lol. But, chances are its more likly they got infected~taken control of by sombody else and use them to spam some website link that has malicous code in it.

Last edited:
Back