• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bad sound from IC7 onboard sound

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BowerR64

You know when you listen to poor streaming audio or somthing over the net, all my sound kinda sounds like that form thsi board. Is there a new driver or somthing to fix it?

if this has already ben talked about please link me IC7 wont work for a search :rolleyes:

I guess no one else is having weird sound from the IC7?

or maybe my board is flaky?

Ya i did all that, before i posted this thread. It just really sounds poor. Games dont sound bad and MP3s arnt bad. I recorded a video and uploaded t to a site and wheni went to test it streaming from the site it sounded hallow. So i played it from my machine and it sounded the same.

When i use my NF7-S it sounds perfect. Also i notice on Mtv "the leak" the files streaming from there sound poor on this machine but sound fine on my NF7-S

Its like its using a different sound channel or somthing playing video files or streaming audio. Does that make sence?

AC97 sound just plain sucks. There are no drivers to change that. Do yourself a favor and go buy a SB Audigy. Like JOHNNYGATE said, if you use the mic (or any of the others) it only gets worse.

I have an SB live Xgamer should i just use that?

i wont get any conflits will i? since its an SB live

Yeah, use that. Just disable your onboard sound in your BIOS and you'll have zero problems. Let us know what happens.

it worked im glad, its like night and day. See this is why onboard stuff sucks, they just throw what ever on there who cares if it good or bad throw it on there.

who needs it? obviously if we are buying an IC7 or an NF7 we are into overclocking, we are into performance so why include onboard junk? it just gets in the way IMO

they dont wana include extra programs on the disk to save money and keep the cost of the board down yet they include inboard crap we dont want anyway. keep the onboard sound abit and drop the cost $10. keep your onboard nic as well

Back