• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where to find 1/2" Barb for Danner Mag3?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EluSiOn

[Help] Danner Mag3 Pump Owner Plz come in

Where to find 1/2" Barb for Danner Mag3?

1/2 NPT Thread 1/2" Barb (plastic)? for water going in...

and also

1/2 UNF Thread 1/2" Barb(platstic)? for water going out

Last edited:
Your local hardware store would probably be most convenient and I'd definitely use plastic barbs.

I found some 1/2" thread and 3/4" barbs for mine, which is 5/8" ID. Since I had to use an elbow barb on the top, I'm hoping that'll improve my flowrates. If you can find some barbs with a bigger ID than those 1/2" barbs, and stretch your tubing over them, you'd probably be better off. IMO, anyway.

what about the water going out outlet BARB?
jfettig said it was 7/16" and stuck a 1/4npt barb in that would work?

can anyone confirm this and also what do you use for your outlet barb?

i have a danner mag 2 and i got my inlet proplyne(sp?) barb fitting from Home depot plumbing section, working great, nice tight fight on my 1/2 tubing.

I was unable to find any barbs for my Mag 3 in the hardware stores here (I live in Houghton, MI, AKA the end of the earth where there is no Home Depot or any large chain besides Walmart) so I ordered them off of USPlastic.com, and they fit perfectly, paying $6 for shipping was annoying though.

I got my barbs from usplastic.

and the outlet barb, I dont totally suggest that, because if your gonna crack the thing, thats probably how it would be done. partially because its being pushed on how its not made to be pushed on.

and the barbs are 1/2" Male NTP and 1/2 Female NPT with whatever size barb your looking for.

Jon

I got mine from Home Depot, but it was hell finding them. The white (PVC?) plastic fittings and brass fittings were all wrong in one way or another. A sales guy pointed out that--well away from the plumbing fittings area--is all their sprinkler stuff (grey plastic fittings) and there I found servicible fittings. They say 1/2" barb, but it's really 5/8". This is actually a boon. I believe they are the same fittings displayed on GibletPlus!' system.

Back