• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Silverprop Silverstorm 3/4

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

freshy98

I wanted to order 2 D-Tek Customs heatercores, but the supplier just told me they are out of stock, and won't get back too!
Now, they are going to get Silverprop Silverstorm 3 and 4 but I can't find any info on them. There's no info on the Silverprop site, plus there is allmost nothing to find using google.

Can anyone please tell me wether these are good radiators and possible some reviews and pcitures? I saw a 3 which looked like a black ice radiator.

Also, are they 1/2" ? I want to use 1/2" :)

they're slightly better than the innovatek and they kinda look like the innovatek also

the silver innovatek, not the black

if i were you i'd get a british thermochill - though they're expensive

or just an innovatek since you can find those everywhere

well, I was thinking about the Silverstorm 3 since I wan't to run 2 rad's in parallel.
The site I'm gonna buy from also has the Innovatek, but without shrouds. The Silverstorm's will be with shrouds.

That radiator looks mediocre. It may be relatively tall, but it has a typical flow-killing design. Look at the copper tubing bending in and out; a multiple pass system. A heatercore takes a wholly different approach (aka low pressure drop), and is considered to be more effective. I'd look for another heatercore before buying such a radiator.

It's definietly made for high speed of coolant, but as U've correctly spotted, flow drop will be very noticable. That's why I have car radiator :D

In other hand - it's typical clima rad, so it may be good for phase-change systems if only it resists that pressure.

what are other brands who have heatercores then? Tweakstore in Holland was the only only one I know of in Holland.
there are webshops in Spain and Denmark who have them, but I don't speak either language...

of course I want heatercores, but if I can't order them inside Europe it's going to be way too expensive for me. I allready gonna order for about $ 200 in the US through sidewinder...

fizz3, do you know of a shop in Europe who sell's them?

I searched again on the silverprop silverstorm 3 and saw some stuff on other forums. the people there seem to really like the silverstorm 3 and 4 (silverstorm 4 is a dual 120mm fan size rad).
Also, I read on one forum where someone called the silverprop silverstorm a heatercore.

I just watch a picture from the D-Tek heatercore it's looks very much the same to the silverstorm. both have 90 degree inlet/outlet.

http://www.cryophilia.com/radiators.htm looking at the bottom one (the Silverstorm 3) and it looks just like the D-Tek!
so how can one say it's a radiator or a heatercore looking from the outside?

Last edited:
freshy98 - You'll get heatercores in local car parts shop - used or new, what only you want.

I don't know what cars are popular in Holland, but you could get a heatercore for Chevette or Lada(better according to what I know) or maybe other common in your region.

I also don't know if you care your money. If not - all my post is useless, but if yes - I bought car radiator (not heatercore) for about $12 - used, just like new, from after-crash car. Now you may think.

Ven0m said:
freshy98 - You'll get heatercores in local car parts shop - used or new, what only you want.

I don't know what cars are popular in Holland, but you could get a heatercore for Chevette or Lada(better according to what I know) or maybe other common in your region.

I also don't know if you care your money. If not - all my post is useless, but if yes - I bought car radiator (not heatercore) for about $12 - used, just like new, from after-crash car. Now you may think.

well, I have a big case (Yeong Yang YY-B0420) but I would like to have everything inside the case :) not just the rad's outside.

thnx anyways

freshy98 said:
fizz3, do you know of a shop in Europe who sell's them?

No, I don't. That's not to say that no heatercores can be had here locally. I got mine from DTEK in the USA btw, I found the price acceptable and with the dollar exchange rate as it is it's even more so. Shipping can be expensive, but then again you can order multiple things per shipment.
Anyway. Even some European cars have decently sized copper heatercores. I don't have a handy list ready, but I imagine you could find out at a general car shop. Buying this way will be cheaper, but you will still have to do some work on the connections.

I'm gonna order my heatercores from vcore.dk in Denmark. they are a official reseller of D-Tek. this way I can also get the FSB/GPU wb from D-tek :)

since Denmark is in the EU I don't have to pay customs taxes as well!

Back