• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What do you think of this setup...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Suma

Hey guys,
I'm putting together a new setup for my new Chieftec :p
and I need some of your oppinions about it, so here it is:

Danger Den - RBX 1/2" (53$)
RBX_sm.jpg

Danger Den - Maze 4 GPU Block (40$)
ddt_side3_small.jpg

Danger Den - Z-Chip Block (39$)
zmb3_small.gif

With my L30 clone and custom rad with 2x120mm Enermax fans.
Now that Qs:
1. What do you think about this sys overall?
2. what fitting should I take on both the GPU and the NB wbs? (poly, brass or chrome?)
3. Should I use like a generic 12/16mm hose or is it worth it to get a PVC Chemical or what ever?
4. Comments?

Thanks a million,
Suma.

it's definietly bad setup :)

But more serious - It looks really nice, I don't like only chip block, but there it's not needed to have a good block.

Fittings don't matter. Personally I'd get brass as I don't trust plastic too much. You can always get chromed for bling.

Tubing - all that doesn't kink and minimum 12/16 is good (unless you use some crazy adicitives for glow effect). Some 1"+ PVC may be nice (better than 12/16) but it's additional work. You like to work - go monster tubing :)

More comments - I'd get other chip block. I wouldn't give $5 for this one.

CPU block - maybe Cascade better? Looking for block of price of RBX, I'd take a closer look at Cathar's block.

add an additional 30 bucks for a cascade and then it beats the RBX EXCEPT with a different barb i think...forgot what it was...but nevertheless RBX out of box wont beat cascasde

The Cascade is 30$ more, which I don't have.
anyway shipping from Australia is more 15$.
will the RBX be a good choice? or should I take the Swifty 5002?

Ven0m - which chipset block would you prefer?

Suma.

RBX is a good choice but the only prob with it is that it will loooove a strong pump. the advantage that RBX has over the 5002 is that it cools more efficiently directly at the core where as 5002 focuses more on cooling the whole entire surface (because they like going with pelts). If you are not planning to go with a pelt go with RBX. unlike people mentione (spend 30 dollars and buy Cascade) I would invest my money on a strong pump instead... Your setup looks like it would need it (RBX being restrictive, plus you have GPU block and NB block). oh yea and another thing... Swifty doesnt seem to perform so well with AMD chips due to the way it mounts... so I think it would be a better idea if you stick with RBX

go with the RBX, Cathar has put a hold on blocks till at least Feb or March

also go with a stronger pump, you will be happier for it
the swifty mcp600 is very nice

ehhh... that rad looks very restrictive... I strongly recommend going with a heatercore since its alot less restrictivive than that multi-pass radiator.

MCP600 would be nice but I don't think he's willing to pay THAT much money.... Danner Mag 5 would be super for your setup and not much money. I can't promise you any solid reliability...

hydor L30 with RBX, Maze4GPu, NB WB, and a heater core will do...

Dude, that's a 80$ pump!
and it's weaker then my L30 clone.
the MCP600 is 600 L/H
my L30 clone is 1200 L/H

twice as strong.

Suma.

ILikeMy240sx said:
ehhh... that rad looks very restrictive... I strongly recommend going with a heatercore since its alot less restrictivive than that multi-pass radiator.

MCP600 would be nice but I don't think he's willing to pay THAT much money.... Danner Mag 5 would be super for your setup and not much money. I can't promise you any solid reliability...

hydor L30 with RBX, Maze4GPu, NB WB, and a heater core will do...

I just saw a HC for 230nis (divide by 4.5 to get USD) looks nice I might get that.

and then will it be good running my L30 clone?

Suma said:
Dude, that's a 80$ pump!
and it's weaker then my L30 clone.
the MCP600 is 600 L/H
my L30 clone is 1200 L/H

twice as strong.

Suma.

at low head the L30 is better, but with 3 blocks/smallish rad you will not be in low head mode....the z-chip is restrictive as well as the RBX

below is a pump curve chart from phaestus of proccoling.com
http://phaestus.procooling.com/pqcurves.jpg

depending of tubing/fittings etc. you may get 30-50% more flow with the mcp600....

51 dollars for a heater core is $$$$$. I don't know what kind of cars are common over there, but here Chevette is commonly used as a heatercore in a setup mainly due to its compact size (relative to other heater cores). It usually costs 20 dollars or so...

Yes I believe that your setup will be fine if you use a heatercore...

Hmmm.. I went to serval places only one had the a nice small core, and that's the price that they want.
I might get a 5$ discont not more.
Anyway I find a local store that made 2 wbs
can you take a lil look at this:
pcm_55_1.jpg

pcm_55_2.jpg

pcm_55_3.jpg

pcm_55_4.jpg

hard to tell from bottom pic.... is the water chamber completely open? no channels/pins/dimples?

ILikeMy240sx said:
oh yea and another thing... Swifty doesnt seem to perform so well with AMD chips due to the way it mounts...

I believe the new wbs are shipped with stronger springs. BillA explained it in this thread, somewhere in the middle.

Back