• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Seeing what my computer can do...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WinFlex

I have a high-end watercooled system that usually runs near 32 degrees C die temp. I have always wondered what would happen if I were to cut the power to the radiator fans, so I unplugged them at around 6 pm last night. I forgout about unplugging the fans, went out and came back at 2am to find my die temp at 61 degrees C and the cooling water temp at 55 degrees C. I was amazed that the computer had not crashed or re-booted. I tried running a Prime 95 torture test at this high system temp and it failed immediately! Plugged in the fans on the radiator and it was amazing to feel the volume of hot air exiting the system! Almost like the heat in your car set to hot and on full blast! Ten minutes later the system was stable again, running Prime 95 from then till now without any errors.

Pretty interesting, and definately a convincing demonstration that proper cooling is key!

Back