• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2.53Ghz 533fsb P-4 motherboard

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hookem

I did some trading and aquired a 2.53Ghz P-4...Since I am a AMD guy I really dont have a clue as to what kind of motherboard to buy for this processor...Same guy has a gig of RD ram that I can get for next to nothing...What to do RD ram or get a board that uses DDR...Any help would be greatly appreciated...:)

RDRAM is on the decline. You'd be better of getting a DDR mobo. I recently picked up a used Abit BH7 for cheap that would be ideal for your CPU. If you decide to buy new, get one of the i865/i875 chipset mobos that support dual channel DDR and the 800 bus CPUs so you'll have a good upgrade path (plus you'll have lots more memory bandwidth). An example would be the Abit IS7-E mobo.

Whatever you do dont buy gigabyte. I have a ga-8ik1100 rev 2.0 and its the biggest peice of crap out there. Buy abit or asus is my recommendations if you going to oc.

Well I say get a MSI they overclock good and I also have an 533fsb cpu, mines a 2.8 oc'ed to 3.5ghz at 1.65v. The mobo is stable and also I say don't get the gigabites they sux and most of them don't oc good.

I don't know exactly wich one works the best for the 533 but definately don't get the Asus p4s8x I recommend the Abit IC7 It's really good board for the 800's

Back