• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Customizing the send to option

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BUBBLE

Normally if u wants to send a document into desktop as a shortcut or to send a doc to floppy you right click the relevant file and choose “send to” option. I wanted to to modify this option to include my drive letter part ions and also my favorite folder list. So by doing that it’ll be so easy to send document into to proper order and to my requirement very quickly. Is there anyone ever come across this problem and found a solution? If that so share it with me.

Although the Copy To and Move To buttons can be added to the Windows Explorer toolbar, I like to have the same options available in a file or folder's right click menu options. If you're running XP (and if I remember, this also works in W2K), copy and paste the following into Notepad and save with a *.reg extension...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\AllFilesystemObjects\shellex]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\AllFilesystemObjects\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\AllFilesystemObjects\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Copy To]
@="{C2FBB630-2971-11D1-A18C-00C04FD75D13}"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\AllFilesystemObjects\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Move To]
@="{C2FBB631-2971-11D1-A18C-00C04FD75D13}"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\AllFilesystemObjects\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Send To]
@="{7BA4C740-9E81-11CF-99D3-00AA004AE837}"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

...then merge the file into the Registry by right clicking and selecting "Merge", or just double click it. Now when you right click a file or folder, you'll have the opportunity to "Copy To" or "Move To" a specific location (a drive or directory)...by browsing for it in the conventional manner. :)

Last edited:
do you just want to add more options to the send to feild?

if you want to do that you just make a short cut of where you want it to go ( for me it was e:\) then do a serach for sendto and a dir should pop up and just drop the short cut in there and it should show up in the send to feild

How to apply the modification

Hi redduc900, i copied the the text you mention but I've no idea where to paste it in teh registry. Can u let me know the relavant place to paste in and whatt are the other option I've to apply to inorder to work. And also how can i assing specfic folder locations also?

Save the text you copied to a file with a .reg extention (such as sendto.reg) and then right click on the file. A "Merge" option should be in the menu, which will then put all the keys in the spots they need to go.

JigPu

there is another easy way to do this

simply put a shortcut of particular folder in "send to" folder in your account.

after that, you will see your INTENTION folder in "send to" when you right click anything

cannot merge the modification

Hi Guys I tried to merger but geting this error,
saying cannot merger because it's no an valid registry script.and also it mention it should be in imported binary registry files only. any idea about it.

Crash893 said:
do you just want to add more options to the send to feild?

if you want to do that you just make a short cut of where you want it to go ( for me it was e:\) then do a serach for sendto and a dir should pop up and just drop the short cut in there and it should show up in the send to feild

=

powerme said:
there is another easy way to do this

simply put a shortcut of particular folder in "send to" folder in your account.

after that, you will see your INTENTION folder in "send to" when you right click anything

Back