• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BIX vs. D-Tek ProCore

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fuzion

I've noticed that alot of guys have been switching and going w/ the DangerDen BIX rad. I'm currently running a D-Tek ProCore w/ a 120MM fan and shroud, could I see any gains or differences by switching to a BIX myself? I'm willing to get a new rad if it will help me any.

ehh... BIX will not perform better that what you have right now... ProCore is a heatercore modified to have barbs... i think the major reason why people go with BIX is because they can't seem to find the space for a heater core...

Heatercore>BIX

I've got both but haven't hooked up the BIX yet. I got it to use in my mini tower case. The pro core is obviously better but I don't think you will see a difference unless the system is putting more heat into the water than the BIX can effectively remove. If its just the cpu, even highly overclocked, and with no TEC's or other blocks in the loop, I think the BIX will do fine. On the other hand, if you were running quiet or 7v fans, then the procore would pull ahead as the increased surface area would compenstate for lower airflow.

Back