• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

more mobo problems....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

koontz946

ok so now im on an ic7-g and i have everything in my system hooked up.... and it doesnt turn on.

i removed the vid card, put in a pci one, switched PSUs, tried one stick of ram, still nothin.

on my 2nd psu the red led flashes (next to the green one that says the mobo has power), but i dont get a power up.... any suggestions?

could it be a short of the mobo? i did some case mods, could that have an effect?

Have you forgotten to return the CMOS jumper to the original position? (to the left, normal board orientation)

If you have cut metal close to the mobo, that could be something too... I don't know if I recommend this, but I have washed a mobo (IT7) with alcohol cleaned it with compressed air, and it worked afterward.
Try the compressed air first...

koontz946 said:
could it be a short of the mobo? i did some case mods, could that have an effect?

Thats very likely. Could still be some metal or extra screws floating around. Try testing that sucker out of the case. I think that should work. Good luck!

Matt

i got it to have everything spin up.... fans, hdd, cdrw, dvd, etc.... and the red light goes on, but there is no signal goin to my monitor... i think there is somethin floatin around in my case cause i have to unscrew it and pull it away from the case (i cant completely take it out cause of the way i have my tubing running)

i would say its a problem with my vid card, but i tried a pci card too, and still got nothing. maybe i should just keep reseating it and trying again?

im taking my whole system apart to clean the case and the mobo, so i can screw it in.... mebbe it'll work find after that?

I got a similar problem as u few days ago. the red light is on . the fan is working (CPU FAN OTS FAN. CASE FAN). i took out the hard disk vid card (replace one which is working). replace an memory. but it is still not working . it display NO SIGNAL .....
the first time i thought the borad is dead... then i replaced a new one. the same thing happened. so i plug in a new cpu . oh no . it is working .. now i bought a new CPU2.8c..
I hope ur cpu is not dead..

CRAP!!! im really hoping thats not the case with mine.... although i wouldnt be surprised after all its gone through.... i guess ill have to give that a shot after i get more $$ :cry:

Back