• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PVR Software

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sailor420

This winter while I am home on break, I would like to set up a PVR out of an old box I have. Does anyone have any suggestions of good software to use? I have several good pieces of Linux software, but due to my limited Linux experience, I am hesitant to use it--I dont want to get stuck in a problem way over my head.

I need something that works easily and well, one where I can just boot the machine up and have it run. I will be running W2K (I think XP is probably to bloated for this application). It also needs to have support for a remote control. Remember, my mom will have to learn to use this--it needs to be easy to use.

I also will need a good hardware encoder card. It needs to do the encoding on hardware because the machine is a PIII 800, which I dont think is really adequate. Any card that can take care of the TV tuning as well is also welcome.

Any good guides are welcome as well.

Thanks for the help, and sorry for the long question.

Back