• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Quick help please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Spartacus51

Hey all,

I'm sure the answers I seek lie within these forums somewhere, and normally I would do a search and come up with them on my own; however, I'm at work and don't have the time to spare searching and sorting. I need a quick, easy solution that I can explain over the phone to a computer novice. At current he has two hosed installations of WIN XP on his computer. All I need is a way to completely reformat. His recovery CDs won't do this for him, only install a new version on top (which is how he got the second install). Secondary and tertiary glitches, no CD burner to put partition magic on and no bootdisk with FDISK laying around. Looking for the best, quickest, and easiest solution.

Thanks.

shove that hard disk into another computer with a working system and quick format that partition?

only other easy thing is to grab a Win XP installation CD from someone.

Last edited:
Get someone more experienced to do it, or just go there and do it yourself.

If you aren't too far away, you'll save alot more time by just driving over and doing it yourself, than trying to explain it over the phone. This is assuming, of course, he doesn't hover over your shoulder and say things like "What are you doing now!? You're breaking it, aren't you!? I knew it! You broke it!" while you're working.

Back