• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Post your CPU temp using water cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

extremecorvette

Disabled
Post your CPU temp using water cooling, let me know if your also cooling your chipset and video card. Post what brand of waterblocks, size radiator, and pump with GPH your using. Post pics if you have any. Thanks

Difference between CPU temp and ambient would probably be more helpful. 40 degree C CPU temps are great, unless your ambient is 5 C :p

I dont see how ambeint temps are that relative. I guess if you live in Arizona in the summer in a un airconditioned home, but usually ambient temps are not going to vary that much. CPU temps however will vary depending on the effectiveness of the WB.

I just like to be as accurate as I can, plus my ambient varies from 20-28 C during the day, depends on when I can wrestle the A/C from my roomate.

But back to your question. My temps average at about 14 C above ambient at load with the setup in my sig. I guess that puts my temps around 38-41C on average. Pics would be here

Idle: 28c
Load: 31-32c
GPU: 28c
Water: 25c
Ambient: Dunno, but i live in SoCal :p

Cooling NB, CPU, GPU all by dangerden w/ danner mag 3. And this is from a temp probe on the them directly :p

With my 2500 at 2.2GHZ and a Vcore of 1.9 my idle temps are 38C and a load temp of 43C. For cooling I'm using the Swiftech MCW462-UHT minus the pelt for now, a 1986 Chevette heatercore with 2 shrouds and 2 120mm Enermax adjustable speed fans and as the heart a Eheim 1250.

Ad Rock said:
I dont see how ambeint temps are that relative. I guess if you live in Arizona in the summer in a un airconditioned home, but usually ambient temps are not going to vary that much. CPU temps however will vary depending on the effectiveness of the WB.
Ambient temps are VERY relative. Every degree up or down in ambient results in CPU temp going up or down with it. Don't forget that air is still cooling the water, and the water can only get as cool as the air. So an ambient temp of 30C would result in my CPU being 10C hotter than an ambient of 20C.

Ad Rock said:

Upper 90s in the summer to lower 70s in the winter makes all the difference ;)

Ambient: 27 C
Idle: 40 C
Load: 44 C

I just moved to water cooling yesterday and i'm running my radiator with a 80mm fan on a 120mm shroud because my VANTEC 120MM STEALTH FAN came defective. Once i get the new fan i will probably get another one and a shroud and have a dual fan thing going on which should improve my temps. So far i like water-cooling a lot.

Ambient: 35C
Idle: 37C
Load: 41C
Swiftech P4 block
p4-2.4b o/c'd to 2.7
ViaAqua 1300
1/2" ID tubing
Chevette Heatercore w/ shroud and SUNON 120mm @7v

hope that helps

Right now I am sitting here at 38C IDLE 22.9C Ambient and water is 26.4C. The load gets up to 41C last time I checked. The CPU temps are from the back of the CPU so they kinda suck as far as accuracy goes though. One of these days I'll get a another thermocouple that's really small and tape it on the side of the core. I switch water blocks too often to add one to the base like JoeC does.

O

Back