• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

booting up...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cornbread

My computer will not let me boot into safe mode, it just hangs. Any ideas how I can fix this problem?

I'm using Win xP Pro.

Thanks

Another question, LoL.

When I go into "My Computer" then c drive/documents and settings folder I have 4 folders in there. Administrator, All users, default user and reed (that's mine of coarse). Anyways, do I need to keep all of them or can I delete them all but mine "reed"?

I am the only user on this computer.

not sure about the first question about not being able to boot into safe mode, but that can happen. I actually have no idea about that, maybe a repair or new installation might help.

You'd better wait for input from others about that though.

As for the second question... why would you want to do that? I'm pretty sure windows won't allow you to delete those folders either. It's perfectly normal to have those folders.

shiyan said:

As for the second question... why would you want to do that? I'm pretty sure windows won't allow you to delete those folders either. It's perfectly normal to have those folders.

I guess I'm a clean freak, like to keeps things all tidy, especially if its not needed. :p

yea i would keep the stuff that windows makes itself.... and about not being able to boot up, on the computer im using at school it takes forever to get into safemode, did you wait a little while first?

stan03 said:
yea i would keep the stuff that windows makes itself.... and about not being able to boot up, on the computer im using at school it takes forever to get into safemode, did you wait a little while first?

A couple of minutes, if I remember correctly it hangs when it gets to agp.sys...you know all those drivers it shows when you going into safe mode.

juliendogg said:
i've waited for 5 minutes or more sometimes for win2kpro to load safe mode. never used xp so.......

J.

hmmm, ok...I guess I will give it a try and wait longer, I had no idea it took so long sometimes.

Thanks

I'll check back in if it works.

Back