• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dual Cases?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

beepx1

Currently, my rad, pump and reservoir are sitting on the floor outside the case and I'd like to put it inside something without too much trouble and cost. Unfortunately, the large server style "cubes" are too expensive for me and an external enclosure seems to be too much trouble. I was thinking that I could buy 2 inexpensive cases and somehow attached the two side by side and put together some kind of server like "cube". Any suggestions for possible cases that I could use and how to attach them?

It would be alot better if you build one.. Plexiglass seem like an easy material to work with. Some people use wood, metal you name it. I highly suggest you don't go buy another case just to put your setup init.. make one and it will save you $ and space

I was thinking about doing something like this if I can find some cheap cases at a computer swap meet. Here's a vague article about connecting 2 cases together to form a cube. I was thinking of plexi but its hard to work with and lexan is too pricey. Wood could be pretty nice if done right. Maybe some metal or thick aluminum if you can work it right.

Hah, nice link sandman. That thing is just extremely tall :eek: You could easily accomodate a 120.2 sized heatercore by placing it sideways but if you have the room for 2 cases vertically why not I guess. I like how he put that thing behind the wall though. Ingenious.

Yea, if I had done that I would have gone with probably 3 heater cores.

His setup is pretty nice I must say, what with the cascade and all.

Back