• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can an early model BE7-Raid use an 800mhz cpu?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pntgrd

I haven't been keeping up with things for awhile, now. I have a BE7 with a 1.6 Northy that I have had forever and was contiplating getting a 2.4c. Memory will not hold me back, Corsair XMS 3200 c-2. I guess what I am asking is was there a bios update to handle the 200fsb?

Here are the facts. That mobo was never designed for that high of bus speeds. Abit has released some BIOS upgrade for some of their i845 chipset mobos (although I'm not sure the BE7 is one of them). Even if there was a BIOS that supported the 800 bus CPUs, there is no guarantee that the system would be stable at 200 FSB. For the sake of the argument, let's say you luck out and can run the 800 bus CPU... dang it, there is no room for overclocking now.

My advice is if you want a 2.4C, get a mobo that was designed for it. If you don't want to give up your mobo, then get a 2.4B 533 bus CPU instead.

That was an interesting read Interceptor. So yes it is possible to do. But like batboy say, what would I gain. I would guess that you won't get much higher than 200fsb and since I am aleady at 2.4 and DDR400 with my 1.6,,, why do it. Back to daydreaming

Back