• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone tried an IceProbe chiller?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rocketmanx

Registered
Saw these looking for pumps-

IceProbe

Haas anybody tried one ? Or maybe a setup like it with a peltier as the chiller ?

Looks like a much less expensive solution to a large chiller (and home buildable with available OCer parts) but looks to be for pretty small volumes of water and not sure how well this might work on an H2O computer system.

Input appreciated, even though I may buy one and try it anyway.
Big chillers are too big and too expensive for my wants.

It's REALLY expensive for what you are getting...

One 226w peltier with a copper rod for a coldplate and a decent p4 heatsink would do the same... probably even colder since I doubt they use a 226 TEC in that. It's great for fishies but there are lots of more effecient ways to chill your water.

Or maybe a setup like it with a peltier as the chiller ?

Exactly what I was thinking of doing. Just wondered if the pelter used externally like this to cool that much liquid would be efficient enough to actually chill the water. I've never messed with Peltiers so I'm not sure of their ability to cool across a much larger area.

rocketmanx said:
Saw these looking for pumps-

IceProbe

Haas anybody tried one ? Or maybe a setup like it with a peltier as the chiller ?

Looks like a much less expensive solution to a large chiller (and home buildable with available OCer parts) but looks to be for pretty small volumes of water and not sure how well this might work on an H2O computer system.

Input appreciated, even though I may buy one and try it anyway.
Big chillers are too big and too expensive for my wants.

Unless I'm wrong, Steve Lynch from [H]ardOcp was using one of them on his home rig, I don't know if he still is. Maybe you could shoot him a message and find out how well it worked for him?

If I remember correctly they arent all that powerful. I kinda doubt it would be all that good.

Jon

Back